NEW! Accessibility tools for your library website & all public access computers
In a nutshell:
- Browsealoud is an innovative, easy-to-install, easy-to-use suite of online accessibility tools that eliminates the need for dedicated adaptive technologies or equipment.
- With Browsealoud installed on your website and public computers, your library resources become available to those with access challenges, including vision impairment, attention and focus disorders, dyslexia, low literacy, and language barriers.
- CLC has partnered with Browsealoud to offer discounted pricing to all of our members, with special savings for smaller libraries.
- Although there are free translation and accessibility apps, you get what you pay for. Browsealoud is a consolidated toolkit that is designed for maximum usability.
How does Browsealoud work?
Browsealoud is an accessibility tool for library websites and public access computers.
- For your website (desktop version) - Once installed, an easy-to-use Browsealoud toolbar will appear on each library web page, allowing users to select from various accessibility options:
- read text aloud
- translate text into 99 languages (40 of which can also be read aloud)
- highlight/mask areas of the screen
- create an MP3 file of page content
- access PDF files
For your website (mobile version) - A compact version of Browsealoud offers Tap-to-Speak and translation tools for patrons accessing the library website from mobile devices.
For public computers in your library - Browsealoud also comes with a Chrome extension that can be installed on all of your library’s public computers, enabling every library user the ability to access the internet on any computer at your library - no need for a dedicated accessibility workstation.
More about Browsealoud:
Quotes, Questions & More
- Eligibility: All CLC member libraries.
- Deadline: None. Order any time.
- Quotes: Ellen Paul at CLC, email@example.com, 860.344.8777 x104. CLC pricing is locked in for 2 years.
- Orders: Ben Bizzle, CEO, Library Market - firstname.lastname@example.org, 888.234.3805