||The Connecticut Library Consortium is a statewide membership collaborative serving all types of Connecticut libraries by helping them strengthen their ability to serve their users.
We achieve our mission by initiating and facilitating cost-effective services, creating and supporting educational and professional development, and fostering innovation.
CLC leverages "the power of WE" to save money and accomplish projects too large or costly for a single library. With over 800 library and school members, we help our members save, learn, and collaborate.
- CLC saves Connecticut libraries millions of dollars each year by leveraging the collective buying power of our members. We negotiate discounted prices on a wide variety of library resources and services essential to excellent library service for Connecticut citizens.
- CLC’s statewide contracts for books, non-print media, and supplies enable members to waive their own bidding requirements and realize savings of up to 80% on mission-critical library materials.
- CLC provides low-cost, high-impact library professional development by coordinating more than 30 member-driven “roundtables,” where members share knowledge and ideas about professional topics.
- CLC arranges workshops, symposia, and collaborative events to help librarians improve service to their communities and keep up with the latest professional trends.
- CLC partners with state agencies, businesses, and other non-profits to bring more programs and services to libraries, and to convey to a wider audience the essential role that libraries play in Connecticut’s 169 cities and towns.
CLC's programs and services include:
- Discounts on everything libraries need - e-resources, books, non-print media, supplies, technology, continuing education and more
- Continuing education, including symposia, roundtables, and product demonstrations
- Programming catalog & showcases
- Job listing service
- Shared non-print collections - enable participating libraries to offer patrons a continuously updated selection of DVDs and CDs at minimal expense
- Grantseeking and administration on behalf of member libraries
- Opportunities for collaboration and networking
- Much more!
Find out more
Want to know more about CLC?