Save on all of your library supplies!
CLC's publicly-bid contract with Demco saves CLC members thousands of
dollars each year on the most-needed library supplies, plus office supplies, furniture, and more!
Jump to any section:
To take advantage of CLC's discounts, your library must be a CLC member. You'll also need to set up your accounts directly with the vendors of your
For general questions about CLC's library supplies contracts, please contact CLC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-344-8777.
About our Supplies Discounts
CLC offers the following negotiated discounts on library supplies:
- Over 100 of the most popular library supplies items, offered at deep discounts.
- A "catalog" discount for a percentage off library supplies,
covering almost anything in a vendor's library supplies catalog that
isn't listed in the itemized list. (Restrictions apply.)
The current supplies contract is in effect through June 30, 2021.
Supplies Contract Access
The discounts included on the contract are for CLC members only. In order to take advantage of the discounts, you will need the appropriate bid number
or the URL for the custom ordering web site. The following options are available for accessing this information:
To learn more about what's included in our contracted discounts, read on!
Itemized Supplies List - for the biggest savings!
CLC's current itemized supplies bid features over 100 of the most
popular items purchased by our members. The average discount on the
itemized list is 43% off list price. Many items are discounted by over
New products for 2016-2021 include:
- Very low cost disposable earbuds – per request from school libraries
- More security tag options, including economical Demco brand options. These options were tested by CLC members and found to be comparable to TattleTapes. Unsure? Request a sample and test for yourself – this could be an easy way to cut costs.
The following product categories are included on the list:
AV equipment - including NEW disposable earbud headphones
- AV packaging & supplies (CD & DVD cases)
- Barcode labels
- Book pockets/jackets/covers
- Book support & shelf organization (bookends, easels, racks & more)
- Labels & date due slips
- Laminates & tapes
- Patron ID cards
- Periodical supplies
- Security tags
- Miscellaneous (thermal receipt paper, glue sticks, Dymo labels, power strip/surge protector, acrylic frames)
All products on the itemized list are offered by DEMCO.
Supplies "Catalog Discount"
If the items you need aren't on the itemized list, your library can still save on library supplies, office supplies, technology supplies, archival supplies, learning materials, furniture, and equipment from Demco, thanks to our catalog (blanket) discounts. [Members, please note that you will need a BID NUMBER to receive your
discount; see "Supplies Contract Access" above for information on obtaining the
information you need.]
DEMCO Catalog Discounts
(includes Highsmith, Upstart*)
18% off most library, office and technology supplies
- 7% off most archival supplies, learning materials, furniture and equipment
Exclusions apply; complete details on bid document.
*NOTE: Upstart materials must be ordered via Demco.com in order to receive CLC contract pricing.
General Ordering Procedures
- Before placing your first order off of CLC's contract, contact your Demco sales representative to ensure that your account is set
up to receive CLC’s negotiated discounts. Provide Demco's unique CLC bid number. (See above)
- Order products directly from Demco, noting any special terms listed.
- Refer to Demco's unique CLC bid number on all orders. (See above)
- Minimum order: No minimum order to receive discount.
- Shipping: Free shipping on orders $50 and over.
- For the itemized supplies list, Demco's current product
numbers are listed for each item. Contact Demco to request a current
catalog, or shop online.
- Discounts may not be used on promotional or sale items. If sale price is lower than bid price, lower price applies.
- Only current CLC member libraries and schools may order from this contract. Suppliers are furnished with a list of CLC members in good standing. For information on membership, contact CLC.
Should I use the CLC Library Supplies Contract or the State of CT Library Supplies Contract?
The State of Connecticut does have a contract on library supplies. Here is a chart outlining the differences between CLC's contract and the state contract.
|Connecticut Library Consortium
Supplies Bid Contract #C20081
State of Connecticut
Miscellaneous Library Supplies #15PSX0030
Types of supplies
||18% off above categories
|15% off above category
|Learning Materials Discount
|N/A through this contract
|Extra savings on popular items
Over 100 of the most popular library supplies (based on surveys and sales reports) at an average discount of 43% off
|N/A - no extra savings
|Minimum order for free shipping
|Who may use?
|All CLC members
|State agencies, political subdivisions (towns and municipalities), schools, and not-for-profit organizations
For more information about discounts on library supplies through CLC, contact CLC's discounts department at email@example.com or 860-344-8777.