Authentic Online Foreign Language Resources
Take advantage of CLC's exclusive discount on authentic online foreign language resources in over 175 languages from SCOLA. CLC has become a SCOLA affiliate, so your public, academic, or school library can subscribe to SCOLA at a VERY affordable rate!
SCOLA is a non-profit educational organization that receives and re-transmits foreign TV programming from around the world and provides other foreign language resources, language lessons, and learning material on their website, scola.org
. SCOLA's mission is to help the people of the world learn about one another; their cultures, their languages and their ideologies. SCOLA emphasizes the importance and effectiveness of modern information technology as a tool in overcoming barriers to global understanding.
- SCOLA Services & Languages brochure - Discover SCOLA services and the languages in which each is offered.
- Explore SCOLA services - click each item to see examples on the SCOLA web site:
- World TV Online - International television featuring 8 geographically designated channels accessible 24/365.
- Insta-Class - Ready-to-use “Instant” multi-media language lessons.
- Specialized Word Video Search - A searchable collection of over 150,000 specialized native language words.
- Foreign Text - A global newsstand of newspapers, magazines and books.
- International Radio - Exotic radio broadcasts featuring news, talk shows, music and more in 40+ languages.
- On the Street Videos - Compelling videos from around the world produced exclusively for SCOLA.
- Learning Objects - Interactive self-contained language lessons geared toward independent study.
- People and Places - An original snapshot gallery of thousands of vibrant pictures from around the world.
- Savoir Vivre - A global adventure in culture. Travel the world, discover its people and explore new lifestyles.
- Country Overview Videos - Unique travelogue-style videos from every corner of the globe.
- Mobile Apps - All SCOLA services are available via the SCOLA app for Apple or Android.
WHO USES SCOLA?
Universities, colleges, K-12 schools, and individual language learners use SCOLA foreign language resources for current events, language learning, and cultural studies.
WHY ARE WE SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS OFFER?
- There is no competitor with the same level of content.
- CLC has negotiated a VERY affordable rate!
PRICING FOR 1 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION
- Public Library - $160. Access granted to all staff and patrons.
- K-12 School Library - $160. Access granted to all K-12 staff, faculty, and students.
- Academic Library - Approx. 30% off list plus $60. Pricing based on student FTE. Contact Kathryn Larson for a quote (see contact info below).
FREE TRIAL, ORDERS, QUESTIONS & MORE
- Eligibility: CLC member public, academic, and K-12 libraries/schools
- Subscription length: 1 year (rolling)
- Deadline: Order any time. Pricing good through March 14, 2018.
- Free trial: YES! Register on the SCOLA web site, or contact Kathryn Larson (see below)
- Orders: Contact Kathryn Larson, CLC's designated SCOLA representative - 712-566-2202 or email@example.com
- Questions: Contact Kathryn (above) or CLC Member Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860.344.8777
- Learn more: scola.org | Introductory video (for schools & colleges - will open in YouTube)