Membership for your Connecticut Library or School
- Interested in CLC membership for your Connecticut library or school? You're in the right place.
- If you'd like to connect with CLC by joining our mailing list and registering on our web site, learn more here.
About CLC Membership
Join over 800 Connecticut libraries that are stretching their dollars and building stronger library communities through CLC membership! To take advantage of CLC's discounts on products and services, your library must join CLC and pay annual membership dues.
- Any Connecticut library is eligible for CLC membership. This includes public, academic, K-12 school, and special libraries. Public, private, association, religious, and for-profit libraries of all sizes are welcome.
- All staff of member libraries are automatically CLC members. We do not charge individual membership dues. Learn more about connecting with CLC as individual.
- K-12 schools may join individually or as a district.
- Dues are assessed on a sliding scale. The basis of the scale depends on the library type:
PUBLIC LIBRARY DUES are based on total operating expenditures.
K-12 SCHOOL LIBRARY DUES are based on enrollment.
ACADEMIC LIBRARY DUES are based on student FTE.
SPECIAL LIBRARY DUES are based on total operating expenditures of the library, not the institution as a whole (if different).
- Dues start at just $170 for public libraries and $130 for all other library types. View all dues rates here: Membership Dues
TIMELINE & PRO-RATING
- Membership runs on a calendar year, January 1 through December 31. Join any time.
- Per CLC's bylaws, any member joining (for the first time - not renewing) from July 1 through December 31 will be billed 50% of annual dues.
Ready to join? Just download, save, and complete the appropriate membership form below. All membership forms are in PDF format and offer fill-in (writable) fields.
*Schools may join as a district or individually. District membership usually provides substantial savings, especially for larger districts - however, schools joining as a district agree to pay membership dues from a single invoice and with a single payment. See membership form for more information.
Current Members - Renew Your Membership
CLC membership is on a calendar year schedule (January 1 - December 31). Renewal notices go out in the fall and are due December 31.
Questions? We're here to help!
Questions about CLC membership, benefits, dues, renewals, etc.? Contact CLC Member Relations at 860.344.8777 or email@example.com.