2016-2019 Book Contract Member Guide available now! Start using your new discounts!
CLC's publicly-bid contracts with top book suppliers save CLC members millions of
dollars each year. Our
suppliers offer discounts up to 46.8% off books, and many offer free
processing, free MARC records, free shipping and more. Imagine the
To take advantage of CLC's discounts, your library must be a CLC member. You'll also need to set up your accounts directly with the suppliers of your
For general questions about CLC's book discount contracts, please contact CLC at email@example.com or 860-344-8777.
In a rush?
Download our 2016-2019 CLC Book Contract Member Guide to get started!
For the period July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2019, CLC has contracted with nine outstanding suppliers for our members' book purchasing needs:
- Baker & Taylor - Distributor for public, K-12, & special libraries
- Bound-to-Stay-Bound Books - Distributor & binder of children’s/YA prebound hardbacks
- Cavendish Square - Publisher of children’s/YA library-bound nonfiction
- Ingram - Distributor for public, K-12, & special libraries
- Mackin - Distributor of library & classroom materials for PreK-12
- ProQuest (Coutts) - Distributor of academic materials (beyond K-12)
- Rosen Publishing - Publisher of children’s/YA library-bound nonfiction
- Scholastic - Publisher & distributor of children’s/YA materials
- YBP - Distributor of academic materials (beyond K-12)
- Download our 2016-2019 CLC Book Contract Member Guide for contact information, discount percentages, ordering tips, and
everything else you'll need to get started using our discounts.
- Before placing your first order with a
supplier UNDER THE CURRENT CONTRACT, please contact the supplier’s
designated representative (or your current representative, if you are already a customer) to ensure that your account is set
up to receive CLC’s negotiated discounts.
- Please note that CLC's member guide does not list all of the services, discounts, processing options, etc. available from each supplier. Please work with your representative to learn more about all of the services and options available to you.
- NOTE: Discounts are for current CLC member libraries and schools only. All suppliers are furnished with current member lists.
- General questions about CLC’s Book Contracts may be directed to CLC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.344.8777.
- Supplier-specific questions should be directed to the appropriate contact for each supplier.
- If you encounter any dispute between the supplier and the
pricing outlined in this contract, or if you find a price offered by one
of the contracted suppliers that is lower than the bid
price, contact CLC at email@example.com or 860.344.8777.