A convenient, flexible choice for expanding library knowledge & skills!
Offered by Three Rivers Community College, Norwich
Images courtesy of the US Dept. of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics.
CLC is partnering with Three Rivers Community College to spread the word about their fully online, ALA-accredited Library Technology program, culminating in a Library Support Staff Certificate. This exciting program has been completely revised to ensure that today's students gain the knowledge they need to be successful working in 21st century libraries. 100% online courses and flexible scheduling options make this the perfect program for anyone who wants to start a library career or broaden their library technology skill set!
Fall 2017 Courses:
Registration opens April 10, 2017
What is it?
A 27-credit, ALA-accredited online certificate program designed to:
- Prepare individuals for employment in library positions that do not require a graduate degree in library science.
- Improve the knowledge and skills of those already working in support staff positions in all types of libraries.
What are the benefits?
- Convenient - The Three Rivers program is 100% online. Take courses from anywhere!
- Flexible - Choose from three schedule options depending on your preference and experience:
- Traditional 15 week semester
- Intensive short semester (typically 12-14 weeks) with same amount of content
- 5 week portfolio course for staff with extensive work experience in Public Services or Cataloging. LEARN MORE
- Accredited - The Three Rivers program is nationally accredited by the American Library Association through their Library Support Staff Certification (LSSC) program. Students who complete the Library Technology certificate at Three Rivers Community College demonstrate nationally accepted competencies of library service and operations.
Is it for me?
Consider Three Rivers if you are a ...
- Current library support staff member. Have you gone as far as your skills will allow you to go? Are you ready for more responsibility, more knowledge, more respect, and more opportunities to advance? This is the program for you.
- Library volunteer or library lover interested in moving into a paid library position. Three Rivers will give you the technical skills and resume boost you need to turn your passion into a career.
- Student or career changer considering an MLS or other professional library degree. If you're interested in libraries but not ready to commit to a full graduate program yet, start with Three Rivers and see if librarianship is for you.
- Library media specialist who went through the Alternate Route program. If you want additional library technology training to complement your teaching skills - and the flexibility to take classes online and any time - this is the program for you.
- Library director or manager. If you want to enable your support staff to improve their skills, knowledge and abilities, steer them toward Three Rivers - and watch as they bring new energy and ideas back to your library.
How can I learn more?