New Books & Supplies Contracts
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
CLC is pleased to announce our new contracts for library books and library supplies. Both contracts went into effect July 1, 2016. CLC extends our heartfelt thanks to our books and supplies selection committees, comprised of volunteers from a wide variety of member libraries who gave of their time and talent to ensure that CLC's contracts would provide the most useful discounts to all of our members.
CLC's publicly-bid contracts with top book suppliers save CLC members millions of dollars each year. Our suppliers offer discounts up to 46.8% off books, and many offer free processing, free MARC records, free shipping and more.
In recognition of the varied needs of our different member types, for the period July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2019 CLC has contracted with nine outstanding suppliers for our members' book purchasing:
- Baker & Taylor - Distributor for public & K-12 school libraries
- Bound-to-Stay-Bound Books - Distributor & binder of children’s/YA prebound hardbacks
- Cavendish Square - Publisher of children’s/YA library-bound nonfiction
- Ingram - Distributor for public, K-12, & special libraries
- Mackin - Distributor of library & classroom materials for PreK-12
- ProQuest (Coutts) - Distributor of academic materials (beyond K-12)
- Rosen Publishing - Publisher of children’s/YA library-bound nonfiction
- Scholastic - Publisher & distributor of children’s/YA materials
- YBP - Distributor of academic materials (beyond K-12)
For more information, visit ctlibrarians.org/page/books.
CLC's publicly-bid contract with Demco, in effect from July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2021, saves CLC members thousands of dollars each year on the most-needed library supplies, plus office supplies, furniture, and more. CLC offers the following negotiated discounts on library supplies:
- Over 100 of the most popular library supplies items, offered at deep discounts. The average discount on the itemized list is 43% off list price. Many items are discounted by over 70%.
- For items not included in the itemized list, CLC offers a "catalog" discount covering almost everything in Demco's library supplies catalog. This includes 18% off most library, office and technology supplies, and 7% off most archival supplies, learning materials, furniture and equipment. (Some exclusions apply.)
For more information, visit ctlibrarians.org/page/supplies.
For general questions about our books and supplies discounts, contact Ellen Paul, CLC Member Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.344.8777 x104. For supplier-specific questions, contact the individual supplier directly. More information is available on our books and supplies pages.