Academic Book Vendor Day
Friday, March 18, 2016
(snow date: TBA)
8:30am - 4:00pm
University of Hartford
Academic library staff, join your colleagues for a full day of presentations and demos from four top academic print book vendors. Presentations will focus on print books and will cover how to search and order, approval/blanket plans, options for sharing records, selection tools, MARC record export, and more. In just one day, you'll be up to date on who's who and who's doing what in the ever-changing academic book distribution industry.
8:30 - 9:00 Registration & coffee
9:00 - 9:15 Welcome
9:15 - 10:15 Presentation: YBP
10:15 - 10:30 Break
10:30 - 11:30 Presentation: Midwest Library Service
11:30 - 12:30 Lunch & Exhibits
12:30 - 1:30 Presentation: Pingitore & Associates
1:30 - 1:45 Break
1:45 - 2:45 Presentation: ProQuest/Coutts
2:45 - 3:30 Exhibits & Door Prizes
3:30 - 4:00 Closing Remarks
Door prizes & swag
Exhibits - In addition to vendor presentations, there will be time to ask questions and visit a small vendor exhibit.
Please register using the link above. Please call CLC at 860.344.8777 with any registration questions.
You must have a CLC login to register, although you do not need to be a CLC member.
Get more information about setting up a CLC login.
See if your library is a CLC member.
Reset your CLC password.
Fee (includes lunch):
$20 - CLC members (staff of CLC member libraries)
- $30 - non-members
- $0 - One staff member from every CCALD member library may attend free of charge, courtesy of CCALD. Select the free ticket option at registration. Please note that if you select this option and your library is not a CCALD member, or you are not the first attendee, you will be billed.
- Location: The meeting will take place in the Harry Jack Gray Center (building 15 on the campus map).
- Parking: Your registration confirmation email will contain a link to a visitor parking permit. Please print and display on your dashboard. Parking is available in the F lot (if full, use the C log). View campus map.
Payment, Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Attendees must either pre-pay their registration fee or pay it on the day of the event. Pay with a credit card during registration, call CLC to pay over the phone, or mail payment to CLC, 234 Court St, Middletown, CT 06457. Checks should be made payable to CLC.
- Refunds for cancelled registrations cannot be issued if a cancellation is requested less than 3 business days before an event is scheduled to take place (2/2), but the registration may be transferred to a staff member of the same library as the original registrant.
If West Hartford Public Schools are closed, the event will be postponed.
If West Hartford Public Schools have a delayed opening, the event will proceed as scheduled.