The Council of CT Academic Library Directors (CCALD) presents:
Thursday, March 26 & Friday, March 27, 2015
8:30am - 4:00pm both days
University of Hartford
Instructor: Dodie Gaudet
$130.00 includes lunch both days
During this two-day, hands-on workshop for CCALD members, attendees will gain a deeper understanding of RDA through lecture, group discussion, and exercises. Please note that this is not introductory-level training in either RDA or cataloging - attendees must have at least a working knowledge of RDA.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the rationale for revising the cataloging guidelines of AACR2 (Anglo-American Cataloging Rules, 2nd ed.) to RDA (Resource Description and Access)
- Understand the basics of the FRBR (Functional Requirements of Bibliographic Records) ERM (Entity-Relationship Model)
- Learn how to use the RDA toolkit
- Be able to create bibliographic records using the RDA guidelines for monographs, serials, audiovisual materials, and electronic resources
- Be able to create authority records for Names, Name/Titles and Subjects
Registration is open to CCALD members only.
Please use registration link above. You must have a CLC login to register, although your library does not need to be a CLC member. (If your library IS a CLC member, you probably already have login access.) Note: If your library's CLC membership has lapsed, you will not be able to log in - please contact us at 860.344.8777 for assistance.
Get more information about setting up a CLC login.
See if your library is a CLC member.
Reset your CLC password.
Training will be held at the University of Hartford, Harry Jack Gray Center (building #15 on campus map) Mortensen Library, Woods Classroom.
Please download a parking permit (link provided at registration), print, and place on your dashboard.
Parking is available in the K Visitor Lot or F Lot.
$130.00 per person. Includes lunch both days at the University of Hartford's 1877 Club.
Fees must be paid in advance. You may pay with a credit card during registration, or send your check to CLC.
This program requires a minimum of 30 attendees in order to run. You will be contacted and refunded if the program must be canceled.
About the Presenter:
Dodie Gaudet began her library career in academia, but has worked primarily in non-traditional library settings. During all that time, she has been affiliated with Technical Services first as a copy cataloger, then as a cataloger, department manager and ultimately as a consultant and workshop leader specializing in AACR2/RDA and MARC. Currently, she is a self-employed Cataloger, Consultant and Teacher working for a variety of libraries and library organizations in Massachusetts and Connecticut. She is a past President of NETSL (New England Technical Services Librarians) and of MLA/TSS (Massachusetts Library Association / Technical Services Section. She is also a Trustee of the Hatfield Public Library and on the board of the Friends of UMass/Amherst Libraries. Dodie holds a B.A. in History from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and an M.S. in Library Science from Simmons College.
- For registration and login questions only, contact CLC - 860.344.8777 or email@example.com.
- For all other questions, contact Kyle Lynes at University of Hartford: 860-768-5545 or Lynes@hartford.edu.
Sponsored by CCALD