CLC Discount Programs
CLC offers deep discounts to its member libraries on books, media, and library supplies, as well as special offers on a variety of products and services throughout the year. See below for information on all of CLC's attractive discounts.
To take advantage of CLC's discounts, your library must become a CLC member. Once your membership takes effect you will receive all the information you'll need to set up your accounts directly with the vendors of your choice. You will need the CLC bid number in order to qualify for all discounts.
For vendor contact information, to obtain the bid number (CLC member libraries only), or for general questions, contact CLC at email@example.com or 860-344-8777.
CLC contracts with top book suppliers to save our members millions of dollars each year on the books patrons and students need. Our suppliers offer discounts up to 46.6% off books, and many offer free processing, free MARC records, free shipping and more. Imagine the savings!
For the period July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2016, CLC has contracted with the following vendors for our members' book purchasing needs:
General Book Suppliers (Distributors):
Baker & Taylor
Mackin Educational Resources
Specialty Book Suppliers:
HOW TO OBTAIN THE 2013-2016 CONNECTICUT LIBRARY CONSORTIUM LIBRARY BOOK CONTRACT:
The discounts included on the contract are for CLC members only. You will need the appropriate bid number in order to use the contract. The following options are available:
TIPS FOR MEMBERS:
- Before placing your first order with a supplier UNDER THE CURRENT CONTRACT, please contact the supplier’s designated sales representative to ensure that your account is set up to receive CLC’s negotiated discounts. Provide the CLC bid number.
- Minimum Order - None (some suppliers have minimum order requirements to receive free shipping)
- Payment Terms - 30 days from invoice date. Note: Early payment incentives are offered by some suppliers.
Please note wide variation among suppliers regarding what materials are included in the “Catalog Kit” and “Fully Processed” categories.
Some suppliers include free processing; be sure to factor this in when considering price.
Most suppliers offer many more processing options than those outlined on the contract; ask your Sales or Customer Service representative for details.
- General questions about CLC’s Book Contract may be directed to CLC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.344.8777, or contact our discounts department staff directly: Pam Najarian (email@example.com, x106) or Connie Sear (firstname.lastname@example.org, x104).
- Supplier-specific questions should be directed to the appropriate contact for each supplier.
- If you encounter any dispute between the supplier and the pricing outlined in this contract, or if you find a price offered by one of the contracted suppliers that is lower than the bid price, contact CLC at email@example.com or 860.344.8777.
In a rush? Download our 2014-2015 CLC Non-Print Contract Member Guide to get started!
For the period January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2015, CLC is pleased to offer our members a robust selection of non-print media suppliers and discount opportunities for a variety of non-print media.
- Please see the chart below for suppliers and the media they offer.
- Download our 2014-2015 CLC Non-Print Contract Member Guide for contact information, discount percentages, ordering tips, and everything else you'll need to get started using our discounts!
- Some suppliers have furnished additional information, specifications and options not listed in the member guide; these are available by downloading the documents in the right-hand column ("Details").
- NOTE: Discounts are for current CLC member libraries and schools only. All suppliers are furnished with current member lists.
- Questions? Contact Pam Najarian or Connie Sear at CLC - firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.344.8777.
CLC offers the following negotiated discounts in this category:
- Over 100 of the most popular library supplies items, offered at deep discounts.
- A "catalog" discount for a percentage off library supplies, covering almost anything in a vendor's library supplies catalog that isn't listed in the itemized list. (Restrictions apply.)
The current supplies contract went into effect January 1, 2013 and will remain in effect through December 31, 2015.
HOW TO OBTAIN THE 2013-2015 CONNECTICUT LIBRARY CONSORTIUM LIBRARY SUPPLIES CONTRACT
The discounts included on the contract are for CLC members only. You will need the appropriate bid numbers or the URL for the custom ordering web site (Demco only) in order to use the contract. The following options are available:
To learn more about what's included in our contracted discounts, read on!
ITEMIZED LIBRARY SUPPLIES LIST - for the biggest savings!
CLC's 2013-2015 itemized supplies bid features over 100 of the most popular items purchased by our members. The average discount on the itemized list is 48% off list price. 19 items are discounted by over 70%!
The following product categories are included on the list:
book support (bookends & easels)
labels & date due slips
laminates & tapes
miscellaneous (thermal receipt paper; adhesives)
All products on the itemized list are offered by the following suppliers:
**Please note that CLC has eliminated the requirement that members fill out an estimate of supplies purchasing in order to be eligible for our itemized supplies discounts. All CLC members are eligible!**
The 2013-2015 LIBRARY SUPPLIES OVERALL CATALOG BID
If the items you need aren't on the itemized list, your library can save on library supplies from the following suppliers:
[Members, please note that you will need a BID NUMBER to receive your discount; see ORDERING PROCEDURES below for information on obtaining the information you need.]
- DEMCO (includes Highsmith, Upstart*)
18% off library, office and technology supplies (consumables)
10% off learning materials
10% off furniture and equipment (non-consumable)
Exclusions apply; complete details on bid document.
No minimum order to receive discount.
Shipping: Free shipping on all stocked orders of $50 or more after discount. Shipping charged on drop-shipped items such as furniture and equipment.
*NOTE: Upstart materials must be ordered via Demco.com in order to receive CLC contract pricing.
20% off library supplies
20% off equipment
20% off archival supplies
No minimum order to receive discount.
Shipping: Free shipping on all stocked orders of $100 or more after discount.
Please note that CLC is no longer offering a furniture bid. Some furniture is available from our contracted suppliers at the catalog discount. In addition, most of our members may take advantage of the State of Connecticut furniture bid.
GENERAL ORDERING PROCEDURES:
- Before placing your first order off of CLC's contract, contact the supplier’s sales representative to ensure that your account is set up to receive CLC’s negotiated discounts. Provide the supplier’s CLC bid number. See above for information on how to obtain the required information.
- Order products directly from the suppliers, noting any special terms listed.
- Only current CLC member libraries and schools may order from this contract. Suppliers are furnished with a list of CLC members in good standing. For information on membership, visit our membership page.
- Refer to each supplier’s unique CLC bid number on all orders (see above for information).
- Payment terms: 30 days from invoice date.
- Minimum order to receive discount: None; however, minimum order requirements to receive free shipping do apply (see contract for details).
- For the itemized supplies list, suppliers' current product numbers are listed for each item. Contact suppliers to request a current catalog, or shop online.
- Discounts may not be used on promotional or sale items. If sale price is lower than bid price, lower price applies.
- Questions or comments? Call CLC at 860.344.8777, or email email@example.com.
For more information about discounts on library supplies through CLC, contact CLC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-344-8777.
Special Discount Offers
On our Specials page you'll find a variety of library-related products and services for which CLC has negotiated discounted pricing on behalf of our members. Typical offerings include reference materials, locally published books and media, library-related software and equipment, conference admission discounts, and much more.