Benefits of Membership
- Deeply discounted Books and Media
- Deeply discounted Library Supplies
- Special discount offers
Save on reference materials, locally published books and media, library-related software and equipment, conference admission, and much more.
- Database/eResource discounts
Save on a wide variety of databases and other eResources.
- Job Listing Service
Free posting of library job advertisements on our job opportunities web site and job opportunities blog, with RSS feeds via email or your favorite feed reader. This popular service costs $100 per listing for non-members.
CLC's live job search assistance service for public libraries.
- Library Resource Online Catalog
Access to the Library Resource Online Catalog includes library performers, speakers & consultants, as well as discounted fees on programs by hundreds of performers.
- CONN·text (e-newsletter)
Both the newsletter CONN·text and www.ctlibrarians.org are the go-to source for information about Connecticut's libraries and librarians.
CLC's offers roundtables for Adult Programmers, Children's Librarians, Interlibrary Loan, Library Directors/Managers, Reference, School Media Specialists, Services to Older Adults, Technology, Young Adult Services, and more.
- Continuing Education
Workshops, vendor showcases, and symposia on a variety of cutting-edge library topics featuring some of the most respected speakers/scholars in the field
- Non-Print Media Circuits
These media cooperatives are available for sharing audio and video materials with other member libraries - a great dollar-stretcher for smaller libraries.
- Consulting Services
- Grants for library services
Become a Member!
Join over 800 Connecticut libraries that are stretching their dollars and building stronger library communities through CLC membership. For more information about CLC membership for your Connecticut public, academic, school, or special library, please contact Leah Farrell at 860.344.8777 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you're ready to join us now, just download and complete the appropriate membership form (see Membership Dues, below), and we'll enroll you right away!
For FY 2013/2014, membership dues range from a minimum of $130 for all library types to a maximum of $330 for special libraries, $660 for school libraries, $730 for academic libraries, and $760 for public libraries.
Download CLC's 2013/14 Dues Scale
Dues are calculated as follows:
Dues are based on Total Operating Expenditures (TOE) as reported in Connecticut Public Libraries: A Statistical Profile, July 2011-June 2012.
Public Library Membership Form - with fill-in fields
Public Library Membership Form - print & fill out
Dues are based on the parent institution's student FTE in Fall 2011 (or most recent figures available).
Academic Library Membership Form - with fill-in fields
Academic Library Membership Form - print & fill out
Dues are based on the school's or district's total student enrollment in Fall 2012 (or most recent figures available). Schools may join as a district or individually. District membership usually provides substantial savings; however, schools joining as a district agree to pay membership dues from a single invoice and with a single payment. See membership form for more information.
School District Membership Form - with fill-in fields
School District Membership Form - print & fill out
SIngle School Membership Form - with fill-in fields
Single School Membership Form - print & fill out
Corporate & Special Libraries:
Dues are based on the Total Operating Expeditures (TOE) for the library (not for the parent institution, if different) for 2012-2013, or most recent figures available.
Special Library Membership Form - with fill-in fields
Special Library Membership Form - print & fill out
Renew Your Membership
There are many ways to renew your library's CLC membership!
1. Access your dues invoice online - If you are your library's primary contact, you can access your dues invoice (and any other outstanding invoices) from your member portal:
- Click on the Member Portal
- Sign in if you haven't yet
- At the top left corner, click "view organization" (If you are not your library's primary contact, this link will not appear.)
- Scroll down to "Your CLC Invoices and Recent Payments."
- Your dues invoice (or a receipt, if you've already paid it) will appear. You can click on it, pay it online, download it and print it, or email it to yourself.
2. Contact us: Prefer the old-fashioned way? We'd love to hear from you. Call us at 860.344.8777, or email email@example.com with your dues-related questions or to get a copy of your invoice.
3. Double-check us by computing your own dues: Please locate your membership renewal form by type of library, under Membership Dues, above. Just complete the form (choose fill-in or printable version) and return to the CLC office by email, fax or US mail. Once we receive your form, we'll email you an invoice for your membership dues.
Questions? We're here to help!
For renewal invoices for all other CLC services, including JobNow and media cooperatives, please call 860.344.8777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.