Mission, Core Values, and Guiding Principles
The Connecticut Library Consortium is a statewide membership collaborative serving all types of Connecticut libraries by helping them strengthen their ability to serve their users.
We achieve our mission by initiating and facilitating cost-effective services, creating and supporting educational and professional development, and fostering innovation.
Core Values and Guiding Principles
We place high value on each of the following:
- Equal access to information for member libraries’ users.
- Cooperation and collaboration among all types of libraries.
- Innovation and a future orientation.
- Adding value for all types of member libraries.
- Responsiveness to member needs.
CLC's programs and services include:
- Cooperative purchasing of library books, non-print media, and supplies
- Media circuits
- Job listing service
- Continuing education & roundtables
- Library Resource Online Catalog
- Grantseeking on behalf of member libraries
For more information about each of these services, please visit our services pages.
Find out more
Want to know more about CLC?
- Download CLC's 2012-2013 Highlights for a snapshot of recent programs, services, and savings for our members.
- Download our Strategic Plan, approved in October 2011 for the period 2012-2015.
- Download our 2011-2012 Annual Report, including a complete list of CLC members.
- CLC's most recent audit report and Form 990 are available upon request.
- Please explore our site, call 860-344-8777, email our staff, or stop by our office in Middletown, Connecticut. We welcome your questions and feedback.